28$ C12 Rayking Capsules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi KK...
Just wondering if you ever got around to checking out the 797 c12 'samples' (particularly the 6 micron)..?
Thinking of swapping out the k67 in my AKG P820 for a c12, and veering towards a Maiku at present.
I did change the 12ax7 for an EHX (gold pin) 6072a which improved things no end, but having used an OG c12 once (recording at Chapel Studios in Lincolnshire, UK, 1999) on my voice, I've been wanting something as-near-as-dammit for my studio ever since. It's a terrible thing once you've been spoiled (I had a go with Ray Davies' own m49 in Konk Studios, but we didn't get along!)
Hope this finds thee well,
Tel.
The one from 797 wont work for you as it's single sided. As far as i know they don't make dual sided version. And if they did it would be the same found in Rode mics. Nt2a, K2, Classic II etc.... which is imho exceptional capsule. You might try to score used one on eBay, they occasionally pop up there for cheap.

As many know i am not a fan of Maiku capsules, there is nothing special about them besides overblown price and made in Switzerland bs. narrative.

The one from 797 wont work for you as it's single sided. As far as i know they don't make dual sided version. And if they did it would be the same found in Rode mics. Nt2a, K2, Classic II etc.... which is imho exceptional capsule. You might try to score used one on eBay, they occasionally pop up there for cheap.

As many know i am not a fan of Maiku capsules, there is nothing special about them besides overblown price and made in Switzerland bs. narrative.
I don't know who their backplate supplier is, but I've heard rumours it's 3U Audio, which could explain the smoother CK12 Maiku supposedly has if it's a reskinned version of the Warbler MKIVD capsule.

Perhaps a 3U edge terminated capsule might work for them. I say that because I think Guosheng used to work at 797.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back