369 EQ (169 like) Stepped

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oran.outan

Hi all,

I have build several 169 style EQ, and after severals talk here I have working lately to a 'mix' of them.
So here a kind of inspire 169 from schematics by Audiox and nevercroak for 500 series, 3 bands (low, mid, high).

Could you enlight me understand fews parts:
- what's the purpose of C30 ? I understand it's to block DC offset but it is present after NE5534 and not after NE5532. I'm confused to his function and his need / or not.
- On audiox schematic there is a 10R (R53/64) on the feedback loop. I understand this is for not having an 'infinite/null' gain / zero resistance and give a little gain, on the AmpOp ? is that right ?
- For drive the relay I have put a resistor divider coupled with a diode. Should it be enough or do i definitely need to go with a regulator like a LM7812 or LM317 ?

When it be done I'm planning to make it as a share project. If you have any remarks, suggestions it's welcome.
I've try to keep it affordable using CK switch, but the 3 position ON/ON/ON toggle is not easy to find and not so many! I also manage to make less possible wiring by adding a second board connected by 'header'.
The device could be made with or without transformer regarding if you want a transparent or more colored one. I put footprint for 2622 type and NTL1 transformer and I'm open for other suggestion.

thanks for your help !
best
0-0

Attachments

• 569_Schematic.pdf
    260.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Capture d’écran 2023-11-21 à 01.59.36.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-11-21 à 01.59.36.png
    538.2 KB · Views: 2
Hi all,

I have build several 169 style EQ, and after severals talk here I have working lately to a 'mix' of them.
So here a kind of inspire 169 from schematics by Audiox and nevercroak for 500 series, 3 bands (low, mid, high).

Could you enlight me understand fews parts:
- what's the purpose of C30 ? I understand it's to block DC offset but it is present after NE5534 and not after NE5532. I'm confused to his function and his need / or not.
- On audiox schematic there is a 10R (R53/64) on the feedback loop. I understand this is for not having an 'infinite/null' gain / zero resistance and give a little gain, on the AmpOp ? is that right ?
- For drive the relay I have put a resistor divider coupled with a diode. Should it be enough or do i definitely need to go with a regulator like a LM7812 or LM317 ?

When it be done I'm planning to make it as a share project. If you have any remarks, suggestions it's welcome.
I've try to keep it affordable using CK switch, but the 3 position ON/ON/ON toggle is not easy to find and not so many! I also manage to make less possible wiring by adding a second board connected by 'header'.
The device could be made with or without transformer regarding if you want a transparent or more colored one. I put footprint for 2622 type and NTL1 transformer and I'm open for other suggestion.

thanks for your help !
best
0-0

Hi O-O,
Interesting project, is any progress with this?

Cheers.

Ipin

Hi Ipin,

Not really !
I was hopping some feedback but nothing, so I will have to run some test before going further...
And not much time for that lately... and already some things waiting on my bench that I'd like to finish 1st...

best
0-0

Latest posts

Back