813B power transistor in SMD.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernardo

Hi everyone. it turns out that my alesis dm pro unit has background noise, I thought of recapping the electrolytics since it is an old unit and I thought it was the fault. when i open the unit i find a small transistor-regulator? which exploded I can't find a spare part for this component, it must be discontinued. Could you advise me a more modern compatible substitute of 813B?Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• 80C3D365-D630-44E7-B58C-4706BBBFE75B.jpeg
    80C3D365-D630-44E7-B58C-4706BBBFE75B.jpeg
    237.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
What sort of symptoms does your unit show? And was it working at the time when the part seemingly exploded?

Would there be a chance that the (presumably analog) noise is perhaps NOT coming from the MIDI in/out are? And what sort of noise is it? And has that started only recently, or..?

That yellowed / browned area looks more like flux than a burn mark.

I'm reasonably sure the OP meant the SOT-23-packaged part, much closer to the 74VHCU04 chip. That one is indeed marked "813B" (similar but not identical to "138").

the blue electrolytic that is near the 813B also looks defective, it has traces of an explosion, it may have burst and released flow on the 813B
TO-92 Pin, DS1813-10+ | RS components that Jon S advises is the right one?
I'm going to recap the electrolytics, I will change the 813B and some regulator, the unit gets very hot.
very grateful for all the help.

The regulators will get very hot because they have no heat sinks as they are designed to work comfortably at 85°C. If the regulated voltages are correct, leave them alone.

Back