A better way to a regulated variable HT Bench supply?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have seen in an old magazine called Elrad a nice design , think that it is a kit made by Gerhard Haasse? , he has a shop in Hannover Germany , has a site on th internet and you can buy these powersupply's there.

Have build in the past a few with uA723 , but design is lost , so you have to design your own. sorry.

I just came across a page about the Heathkit IP-32, complete with some very nice photos and a high-quality scan of the complete manual. Unfortunately for us English-speakers, it's all in German (including the manual).

http://www.pauls-roehren.de/geraete/heathkit_ip-32/Heathkit_IP-32E.htm

Wow... Thanks NYD.

Seeing those pictures made me realize that I've never even bothered to take a look inside mine. It's always worked great.

Maybe it's time to start poking around in there. I like the nice clean layout.

Mine developed an intermittent problem--I don't remember exactly what it was--a couple of years ago and I stopped using it. I already had my main bench supply, a large Lambda model.

But I'll be opening mine up later today. I have little free time and few opportunities to visit my rented workspace (which is 30 minutes away from my home), so I've decided that I'm going to bring a small stash of parts and equipment to my job so that I can work on my projects there during lunch breaks, downtime, etc. I have a workbench there and the basic complement of test gear, but no high voltage supplies or tube amp parts. So my plan is to fix whatever's wrong with my IP-32 and use it on my bench at work.

[quote author="NewYorkDave"]Unfortunately for us English-speakers, it's all in German (including the manual).[/quote]

Errr... I don't know how this happened, but I got an english IP-32 manual/schematic in PDF, in case anyone needs it or wants to host it...

Peace,
Al.

[quote author="alk509"]I got an english IP-32 manual/schematic in PDF, in case anyone needs it or wants to host it...[/quote]

Thanks alk509. I have it too so I'll just put it here.

If yours is better quality or something, you can email it to me and I'll happily host it.

EDIT: Wait a minute... I think I got this from NYD in the first place, no?

[quote author="electronaut"]If yours is better quality or something[/quote]

It's the exact same one! :thumb:

[quote author="electronaut"]Wait a minute... I think I got this from NYD in the first place, no?[/quote]

That's probably how I got it too :green:...

Peace,
Al.

Back