A funny thing about my moble

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KIDVOX

I use my mobile phone for browsing forums. For some reason my mobile acts weird when im on this forum. Even when have no intention of posting anything the reply to post dialogue box keeps popping up. Also if i am taking the time to post something the phone keeps switching from lower case to upper case and back again and also changing my spelling even with predictive text off.

I have noticed a few posts here have cerative spelling of some words or capitals in the middle of words. Is this somethin to do with the forum server searching my mobile for cookies etc and getting my phone confused. Is it just me and my phone. This post has taken me ages as th phone is playing a game ofits own

What's your browser on that phone? And maybe, what's the phone?

Capitals in the middle of a word are usually what's called "CamelCase". It's a programming habit dating back to the times that a variable name couldn't contain spaces. So, to make it more readable, the space was replaced with a capital.

I don't think CamelCase could distract your browser. And the forum's server hasn't got anything to do with it.

There are some javascripts in use on this site that help with quoting etc. They could confuse your browser, especially if it's an older version. Also, anti-virus can be confused by scripts.

What's your browser on that phone? And maybe, what's the phone?

Capitals in the middle of a word are usually what's called "CamelCase". It's a programming habit dating back to the times that a variable name couldn't contain spaces. So, to make it more readable, the space was replaced with a capital.

I don't think CamelCase could distract your browser. And the forum's server hasn't got anything to do with it.

There are some javascripts in use on this site that help with quoting etc. They could confuse your browser, especially if it's an older version. Also, anti-virus can be confused by scripts.
Thanks for the input. Ive never heard of camecase but it sounds sexy in a sic sort of way. The jave script and av could be possible causes. The phone is quite a recent LTC ( hutchinson in reality ) model and just did a 1.3 gb update on the anroide os

No clue at all. Its just annoying as i waste lot of time re-entering the text and even after spell checking a few errors still get through. I can read american english and english american. So im used to creative spelling. Even if i put the mobile down and touch nothing i have various things going on without any input from me. But its only on this site.

I suppose on Android, the browser is Chrome?

I use Chrome (on a Mac), albeit in the Brave version. No problem here. So that doesn't help...

Back