ADR Express Limiter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which battery did you replace the old one with?
The writing on my battery has worn off, and the schematics are not available anymore in Technical Documents.

Hi,

I recently acquired an Express Limiter, but it seems to be missing a pot (also, looks like the remaining ones are put on inside out?). Does anyone know if this is original? Any pointers where I can get new pots?

Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_7055.jpg
    IMG_7055.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Pointing inwards indeed 🤔
Fixed installation hack?

Pot 2M2B+SW missing, so permanently set to 'Auto'...

Last edited:
I think you would just have to remove the pots and turn them around. I agree that this was probably a fixed install (like a radio station) hack. Replacing that battery and the 7815 should be Job-1, though...they look very corroded.

That dark blue thing called RS Mempoc(?) is the battery? Looks like something has leaked there -- needs proper cleaning.

2M2B pot
For finding replacement, first need to know what the maker is. Lettering on other pots or BOM in service manual might give hint. Otherwise need to measure distance between pins, as well as needed shaft length.
2M2 or 2M don't make much of a difference -- but the switch. Could hack by putting switch connection on a toggle, but would require drilling a whole into the faceplate. Personally I'd be reluctant with vintage gear -- only last resort.

Try PRO AUDIO REPAIR - Studio Electronics. -- they work on and have some of the parts for ADR gear (vocal stressor)
Reached out to them yesterday, they didn't have any parts for this particular unit, unfortunately.
2M2B pot
For finding replacement, first need to know what the maker is. Lettering on other pots or BOM in service manual might give hint. Otherwise need to measure distance between pins, as well as needed shaft length.
2M2 or 2M don't make much of a difference -- but the switch. Could hack by putting switch connection on a toggle, but would require drilling a whole into the faceplate. Personally I'd be reluctant with vintage gear -- only last resort.
I'll do some measurements later today. Thanks again for your help!!

Back