Aftermaster???????????

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluebird

This is kind of bizarre

http://aftermaster.com/

They use a lot of audiophile catch words to describe their product, which basically seems to be a plugin algorithm. But someone put a lot of money behind it and actually had On Semi make a DSP chip!

All good and well, BUT I listen to they're Adele "Hello" audio before and after...And if you volume match the two audio files, the after sounds worse. In fact ,I was kind of blown away at the sound of the "unprocessed" recording. It was so nice! 

bluebird said:
But someone put a lot of money behind it and actually had On Semi make a DSP chip!

I call marketing BS on this.

There would be no technical reason for "inventing" another DSP chip - even if you needed more power. Remember that DSP's are mathematically equivalent - and it's not like these guys invented a new form of math..

Jakob E.

bluebird said:
This is kind of bizarre

They use a lot of audiophile catch words to describe their product, which basically seems to be a plugin algorithm. But someone put a lot of money behind it and actually had On Semi make a DSP chip!

"AfterMaster entered into a multi-year partnership with ON Semiconductor, a global designer and manufacturer of semiconductors to develop and distribute DSP microchips loaded with AfterMaster technology."

The part is here, and its use is described as: "BelaSigna 300 AM is specifically designed for use in applications requiring a solution to overcome the limitations of small or downward−facing speakers, including flat−screen televisions or headphones."

In other words, an EQ chip.

-a

Andy Peters said:
bluebird said:
This is kind of bizarre

"AfterMaster entered into a multi-year partnership with ON Semiconductor, a global designer and manufacturer of semiconductors to develop and distribute DSP microchips loaded with AfterMaster technology."

The part is here, and its use is described as: "BelaSigna 300 AM is specifically designed for use in applications requiring a solution to overcome the limitations of small or downward−facing speakers, including flat−screen televisions or headphones."

In other words, an EQ chip.

-a

For consumer gadgets  ;D
More cheese please

Hey they automated mastering too! $35/song. Dang, I guess I ought to start looking for another job...
overcome the limitations of small or downward−facing speakers, including flat−screen televisions or headphones.

But thats just it, LIMITATIONS. you cant pass those. All you can do is force the transducer into distortion as it "overcomes" its limit.
Equipment manufactures know those limits and (I'd imagine) try and squeeze every bit of performance out of the slim budget constraints they were given to design with.

This chip assumes all those designers just forgot to put just a little more 5K in there! Lol awesome...

Latest posts

Back