AIR for sale

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sell smoke in a can for audio repair. It's so you can recharge the smoke back into you gear after it lets out and the gear stops working.  ;)

Not sure if this would be a better buy?

Wow, £3 million.  I wonder what the actual dispute was with the neighbors?  Doesn't go into much detail. 

I came across this a couple days ago, in a similar vein, as far as high profile studios go.  So is Château d’Hérouville  back up, does anyone know?  The reason I ask is because there seems to be conflicting news about its status:

This from 2015:

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-35152716

And the more current:

https://reverb.com/news/le-chateau-dherouville-un-studio-mythique

Did it just take longer to get going than they anticipated?

Airs neighbour wanted to dig out their basement to build a swimming pool. This would have caused vibrations into the studio for about six months or so, meaning no recording!

Walrus said:
Airs neighbour wanted to dig out their basement to build a swimming pool. This would have caused vibrations into the studio for about six months or so, meaning no recording!

Ah, I see, thanks!  It wasn't quite clear who was  doing what.  That's funny, I was looking at this site a couple days ago:

https://www.robertlangstudios.com/history/

I wonder if he ever had any issues with neighbors?  :D

Walrus said:

Sounds like what happened at capitol studios and the echo chambers. Construction around the studio leaked into the chambers.  Iirc capitol got them to construct at certain times of the day making them coexist. 

^^^^^^^^ Yep, just last year... The new building was a high rise apartment complex. Foundation was being put in only a couple hundred feet from the underground echo chambers. This whole huge construction company would literally stop if there was a complaint. It didn't happen that often though.
The most amazing thing is how fast they built the building. I swear it was like...one year or something close. The organization of a project like that is mind blowing. Capitalism definitely has some advantages.

The chambers are actually under that bit of parking lot right out side capitols back door there, between the two buildings.

Attachments

• Argyle House.jpg
    Argyle House.jpg
    192.2 KB
Exactly, it just seems sad.  I know nothing stays the same, but some things, it just seems like they'd have a little more foresight or control over. It's the same up here, and all over, probably, as ya said, walgreens and the like. There's no individuality to towns anymore, big or small.  (Nothing against walgreens, per se, but seriously, how many do we need per block?)

I love the Eagles, and the first thing that comes to my mind when the Capitol tower is mentioned is that story, but the interview that provided the quote, he actually has some interesting thoughts on changing times:

But it’s sad. It’s like a lot of little towns. It’s just fading. There’s several reasons. They built a bypass so most traffic doesn’t go through downtown anymore. And then there’s the change in the nature of retail with the big-box stores. All the good old boys who came home from World War II and really made that town tick are dead now and their offspring moved off to other places to seek more opportunity. So the town is just languishing.

The rest of the interview is here:

http://www.cmt.com/news/1758550/don-henley-the-cmt-com-interview/

I just realized why my quote yesterday was fouled up, I was trying to hyperlink it,  ;D ::).  That's what happens at 4am, I guess.  I spent 5 minutes looking at the tags and not seeing it, lol. 

Lyndhurst falls ,
thanks to sites like ourselves the mystique (at least on a technical level)of recording has become within grasp of mere mortals  , ten grand could have you a state of the art setup to rival anything anywhere bar room acoustics ,you got the talent you can sound as good as the Beatles and HRH George .
Technicallities aside ,then your back to ego management ,close quarters ,like a ship on the ocean ,prisoners until the job is done
I suppose what I'm trying to get to is technical extasy is not the be all and end of everything ,more than 50% of what you do in studio is ego buffering ,a diplomat ,in other words you can wack off all you want about your equipment ,good interpersonal skills are even more fundamental in elliciting the best vibe from the artist

Back