AKG Solidtube

Help Support GroupDIY:

rock soderstrom

⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

k brown

I assume you mean "The Country Boy's Capacitor Microphone" article - no, it came up on another thread recently, and I searched my files and never found it.

My best recollection was that it was nearly identical to this one, but used the Primo EM-21 capsule, mounted on a handmade body.

Attachments

• royermod_2.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:

rock soderstrom

⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️
I assume you mean "The Country Boy's Capacitor Microphone" article - no, it came up on another thread recently, and I searched my files and never found it
Yes, exactly this article I've been looking for for a while. I have also started the thread in question, so far without success.

rock soderstrom

⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️
Tape -op magazine Rock ,
thats one of the articles and theres others
From humble beginnings to the toast of the industry ,Dave's the man .
We could offer him honorary lifetime membership here .
Maybe Pucho knows Dave .
Thanks, but I know all the Tape Op articles from Dave Royer. That's why I would have liked to read the original Glassaudio "The Country Boy's Capacitor Microphone" article. I guess the content won't be much different than the Tape Op article, I'm just curious. Probably this one is still copyright protected and can't be published even by the author.

k brown

Really a great guy - his profile is probably too high for him to do something like this now, but around 2000, he actually sent me (without my even asking) scans of a couple of schems for 6AK5-based tube mic preamps, since I'd inquired about their use as a cathode follower in mics.

6AK5s have very similar characteristics to the 5840 submini he uses a lot. I used his 6AK5 circuit to convert an Oktava 319 to tube operation. They can be quite microphonic, however.

Tubetec

I have an MKL 2500 I bought years ago , its good little mic , not overly sibilant in the top end ,same capsule as the 319 .

Tubetec

MKL is just the code Oktava use for their range of tube mics .

cyrano

Thx, Tubetec. I had searched a bit and came across the Oktava, but Goofle also suggested MXL :cool:

Latest posts