• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Alesis HD24XR & Jim Williams Mod with Sata + trs and optical, Fireport + Remote

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rixsta

Everything working well. a couple of light marks here and there but in over all very good condition, the left Rack has a bit of a bend in it. Ive tested the recorder and all working well.

Update : Ive had confirmation via email from Jim telling me it looks like his mod, I think its just the sticker on the back that says that must have at some point come off.

This is a great sounding ADAT/HDD recorder which has been upgraded by Jim Williams

I am the second owner of this recorder, the previous owner had taken it over to California and had Jim do the work on it. I have been debating if to sell it or not, I am a solo musician who wanted to stray away from computer setups and record standalone but due to going traveling long term and needing funds Ive put this up for sale.

I have recently tested the HD24XR and all functions are working, it is a fantastic sounding machine and one of the most accurate recording you can get without using a computer (I recorded computerless)

It comes with...

sata24 caddy so you can use SATA or SSD Drives which are silent!
3x 8 channels TRS-TRS neutrik looms (short 35 cm)
3x optical cables
2x standard alesis HD caddies with hard drives included (containing recorded music) if you need extra hard drives let me know and I can add a couple for free.
Alesis Firewire transfer Fireport for transferring the files into a computer directly from the hd24xr. (With power supply and firewire black cable)

The HD24XR is modified by Jim Williams, I have taken the lid off the machine to have a look and have seen some of the upgrades, I do not have a circtificate on paper to show that the mods were done but I have got in contact with the previous owner to find out if he has that paperwork or not so we shall see. If needed I can take the lid off this machine and show photos of the mods done which are clear to see.

TapeOp magazine interviewed him and this is what Jim said about it…

“I'll take my modified Alesis HD24XR over any DAW - it's as good as any converter can get while still retaining the depth and surround of analog"

Fan and power supply look modified and high quality bypass capacitors have been added to the input section.
There are likely more mods done but im not sure what Im looking for! I have emailed Jim Williams for more info on this.

£1500 or offers ?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Back