Allen & Heath GS3 DIY mods

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kamil_k

Hi there!

Two years ago I bought this desk, and started doing some repair work, since it was in rather poor condition.

I replaced faders, and more recently recapped both group and master section - I used higher value caps, than stock ones (220uF). On the master section I also replaced op amps from stock ones TL072s to newer ones TLE2072IP and NE5532PE4 as well.

After soldering everything back to it's place and putting it together for testing, I noticed I am getting only right channel on the master out, regardless if it is mic or line in signal. However, when I test with oscillator signal, I am getting both left and right on all groups, but still only right output on the master.

Unless I was doing something wrong , I came to the conclusion it must be broken interconnecting ribbon cable, so I already contacted Allen & Heath asking for a replacement, but awaiting their response.

But whilst, here, I wondered if anyone might have a spare ribbon cable for sale?

Hi there!

Two years ago I bought this desk, and started doing some repair work, since it was in rather poor condition.

I replaced faders, and more recently recapped both group and master section - I used higher value caps, than stock ones (220uF). On the master section I also replaced op amps from stock ones TL072s to newer ones TLE2072IP and NE5532PE4 as well.

After soldering everything back to it's place and putting it together for testing, I noticed I am getting only right channel on the master out, regardless if it is mic or line in signal. However, when I test with oscillator signal, I am getting both left and right on all groups, but still only right output on the master.

Unless I was doing something wrong , I came to the conclusion it must be broken interconnecting ribbon cable, so I already contacted Allen & Heath asking for a replacement, but awaiting their response.

But whilst, here, I wondered if anyone might have a spare ribbon cable for sale?

Is it normal IDC ribbon cable and connectors ?
If so you could make one or get someone to do it for you ?

No I don't have access to tools to make it I am afraid. I am still awaiting response from Allen & Heath regarding my enquiry, but also I was given contact details to an ex A&H service engineer, so maybe he might be able to help out with spare part I am looking for :)

Back