Allison audio RM-160 rack hook up

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hyde maintenance

Can anyone shed some light for me on how to go about hooking up one of these racks?

Each unit has a single 9 pin molex connector housing an in and out connection as well as a key for the Kepexes. Each connection has a high, low and ground even though the Gain Brains and Kepexes are unbalanced.

When I hook up the Gain Brains according to the diagram on the back of the unit (using high, low, and ground) and using only the in and out, I am getting a bunch of crosstalk and interaction between units. This seems to be because the 'low' connections are common like ground (but not connected to ground).

I've tried lifting the low, switching low and high, switching low to ground and then ground to low...basically flailing around.

The one thing I've found is that if I lift the 'low' connection I get super weak and distorted signal, unless I connect these lifted leads, in which case the cross talk is gone but the comp seems to behave a little funky (plus this seems just plain wrong).

Sorry if this is elementary stuff but I'm a little baffled.

If I'm remembering those correctly, you should have low tied to ground at a single point, usually at the PSU.  They leave them separate so you have system flexibility at install. 

Anyway: Do you have the manuals? Galaxy Audio who have earned lots of money with Valley Audio refuse to help today since they obviously have not earned enough... But the manuals they used to have online can be found via internet wayback machine and then type in http://www.galaxyaudio.com/ and in the older versions you can still find PDF's to download...

Chris

Back