Amek TAC Bullet : AFV ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricothetroll

Hi,

I'm currently restoring an Amek TAC Bullet. Looks like it's the first generation (not B2).

Here are some schemos someone kindly scanned for me :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K-0QVHN7zUNThIbTV2cDVfWjQ/view?usp=sharing

I have some troubles on the slot 2, and I think those come from the AFV : with some specimens of mono input modules, I have a lot of harmonic distortion on the high frequencies. This has been measured with the HOLM impulse software, and is also very audible, especially with an audio freqs sweep. The strange part is that some modules don't seem to be affected by this distortion and some are. The ones that are affected are perfectly fine in other slots.

I noticed that if I disconnect the "mono 2" (J11) connector from the AFV board, the problem disappears. I tried to disconnect totally the AFV board but then some things don't work anymore, like the master bus send on channels from ch3 (!!!!). As PFL is still working, I guess the HEF4053 that serves for the mute function isn't happy with the AFV board disconnected.

On the schemos I've got, I miss the block diagram. That could actually help to figure out what's the precise role of this AFV board and which are the channels affected... (I've actually foun the block diagram on the web but the quality is so terrible that I can't read anything)

If anyone here has the complete docs in correct quality, I'd be really happy to get a copy !

Thanx in advance !

Best regards.

Eric

Latest posts

Back