another BSS DPR 402 question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

How does one get the front panel off?
There are a couple of pots/switches that are attached to the chassis with nuts and have a front panel over them that is screened. I have removed every screw and it looks like the front panel is riveted the the chassis on each end where it would fit into a rack and can't be removed.
Since service manuals are non existent and harman is no help, I can only assume it can't be this difficult to do and I am missing something obvious.

It has been years since I worked on one of these but I do not remember it being especially difficult. Could also be a different revision. Are you saying that the nut holding those parts is between the chassis and the front panel? There is no way to get a flat wrench in there? It may be more about removing the PCB than the front panel.

It has been years since I worked on one of these but I do not remember it being especially difficult. Could also be a different revision. Are you saying that the nut holding those parts is between the chassis and the front panel? There is no way to get a flat wrench in there? It may be more about removing the PCB than the front panel.
Yes correct, the nut holding the pots is between the chassis and front panel. Can’t remove the pcb as it has pots soldered to it, the very ones bolted to the chassis between that and the front panel.
Didn’t think of a flat wrench. I’ll give it a try.

Yeah, it's been a while here, too. Sometimes a front panel will attach to brackets on the sides and those brackets need to be unscrewed and come off with the front panel...
I saw that but in order to do it that way would have to remove all the pot nuts which due to parts being soldered in seems like the long way around.

Here it is. There is the screen face plate and chassis under it. The chassis front bolts in on the sides. The pots and switches bolt to that. Clearly I am missing something very obvious

Attachments

• 77B8C6C6-935C-443B-BD0F-9C8BA8A4461D.jpeg
    77B8C6C6-935C-443B-BD0F-9C8BA8A4461D.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 8
  • C601EE85-50C6-4A96-B2FB-6082774D72C2.jpeg
    C601EE85-50C6-4A96-B2FB-6082774D72C2.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 8
Got it🤠🤠🤠. Was missing the 3 x nuts that bolt the front panel on from the front.
that’s a whole lot of stuff to remove just to get a panel off.
But I got it in the end. 😎

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back