another faked ebay item: Raytheon RL-1

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emrr

Sold as a Raytheon RL-1.  I've got pictures of this home made limiter in it's original state, before the 'Raytheon' fake job.  It's had a selective repaint, and a Raytheon decal put on.  It might be great, but it ain't a Raytheon. 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=301238073033

In fact, as the ultimate PT Barnum tribute, you will see that the RL-1 was actually a microwave oven:

http://americanhistory.si.edu/collections/search/object/nmah_1088040

see further down for a few more pics.

Attachments

• image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 30
Just to keep the radar fluid.

Raytheon RL-1 Tube Audio Compressor Limiter  ebay FAKE SCAM

This is as shady as it gets..  I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.. . . . .

Of course it says it's rebuilt and working, the caps are new.  The point is the Raytheon label and model # was added. 

zebra50 said:
report it then.

It's not in ebay's interest to do anything about it.  We see this over and over.  They would say "how do we know?  We can't find any info on this obscure item.  Prove you are an expert by pointing at published documentation."  Hell, you can't get them to take down stolen intellectual property such as unauthorized use of ad copy or pictures without FAXING in proof of ownership as a REGISTERED COPYRIGHT HOLDER.  I see people resell things they bought from me 10 years ago, my pics, nothin I can do about it anymore.  They used to do something about it years ago. 

It doesn't even say it's working - it says "passes clean audio" - that whole description is just eBay speak for - it turns on, it sort of works, and I replaced a few things hoping it would actually work.

The fake logo is really taking it to the next level tho...

one transformer swap on the left, middle one clearly with the same dent in it. 

Attachments

• image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 45

Latest posts

Back