IC chip identification number question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skiroy

Hello I have 2 questions.

1. I have a amp that has 4 LM38886TF op amp chips in it. But when I look up that part number there is something unclear to me. Because there is a second number on top of the LM3886TF number. Mine is PM43BB,but when I look up the LM3886TF up on ebay chips come up that look like mine but they have different number above.

Here is an example
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250670699967&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1704wt_754

2. Is the heat sink paste like artic freeze for CPU heatsinks the right stuff to put on Transistors and Op amp chips?

Only the actual chip name matters. LM3886 in your case. The rest is a production run identification, what factory it came from, date, etc useless information to you.

You can use the "silver" arctic freeze stuff for any IC's, but it's unnecessarily expensive and the cheap old white standard stuff works well for basic heat transfer needs. We just want decent heat coupling between the IC and the sink, but don't care about the 1-2 degree difference between the cheap stuff and arctic silver.

Latest posts

Back