Another Mystery "Mastering" Console (probably GDR)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janczmok

Hello there,
recently i acquired (and haven't look deeper in the rabbit hole) this "mastering console DDR germany" -> https://spheremusic.com/Bargaindtl.asp?Item=27653
to maybe either reuse the case or revive the unit.
As many of you like curious consoles, here are more photos of the unit. Maybe somebody can shed some light on it. Especially about the connector on Photo #5. The other connectors for in/out are coax, definitely not my choice. Will do exchange with XLR then.

1.jpeg2.jpeg3.jpegIMG_1609.jpegIMG_1612.jpegIMG_1611.jpegIMG_1610.jpegIMG_1613.jpegIMG_1614.jpeg

Hi Jan,

I think the knobs were made on the left side of the iron curtain, the GDR stuff looks different. The compressor is definitely labeled too English for a device from the GDR. Maybe this unit was built during the transition period or by a DIYer with access to western components. To me it looks like a western device, the partly international labeling could also indicate a different (non-german) country of origin or this parts were meant for the international market.

Last edited:
I concur with Rock - are those knobs Elma collets? That dynamics section is giving very ADR Compex vibes, too - they did OEM for various console manufacturers, I wonder how similar it is under the hood.

Anyway, it looks great! Lot of functionality there. Will make a very fun stereo toolbox, I'm sure.

wow what a great purchase....I like that kind of device
It would be cool to know how the limiter section is made...

have fun

Latest posts

Back