Another REDD.47 Power Supply Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goodizzy

Good morning,

I have been reading over a few posts regarding operating several REDD.47 line amps from a single power supply.  I had a few questions I'd be most appreciative if anyone could answer. 

I will be constructing these point-to-point  and with the original OA2 regulated supply.  The power transformer I have is a centre-tapped LT/HT, 320/350V rated at 1A.  The 6.3V supply is rated at 5A.  Massive!

- The HT supply IN to the line amps should come directly off the first stage filter cap? (In this case 47uf 1000V).

- Will I need to adjust RC filter network values inside the line amps to accomodate between two and four amps off a single rectifier? 

- Can I add another 1K-40uf RC filter in front of all the line amps to drop voltage closer to 380V?  Or a high wattage dropping resistor?

-Should snubbers be placed across rectifier AC supply?  100nf 275V is what I had read?

I've downloaded and used PSUD2 to simulate some of this.  (Or at least try)
I'd appreciate any help anyone may be able to provide.  This site is a fantastic resource.  Thanks!

Back