Another thread on problems with Drip Opto 7...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jt0117

Sorry to continue the trend of problems associated with the lack of documentation from Drip Electronics...
I bought the PCB's from Drip around Feb / March 2022.
For the Power supply section, I have the following shown in the pictures.
The documentation supplied on the website shows a number of revisions of the PSU, but not one where both the input SHV Regulator section (first photo) is seperate from the main PSU board. My issue is trying to determine how to connect these boards together.. without blowing my arm off..
I have looked up just about everything I can possibly find and reached out to the man himself, but nothing addresses this problem. Wondering if I was unlucky enough to get a latest revision of the PSU board before any documentation was to be released, say in the next 10 years' time.
Appreciate any help, and the help it may bring others.

Attachments

• IMG_20221120_202225855.jpg
    IMG_20221120_202225855.jpg
    632.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20221120_202235719.jpg
    IMG_20221120_202235719.jpg
    604.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20221120_202240468.jpg
    IMG_20221120_202240468.jpg
    595.1 KB · Views: 0
Hi
The PSU boards look a lot like these provided with the Drip 176. Can you get this doc - for upload it's too large ? Or PM me.

Managed to look at the Drip 176 and while it is similar, it is the older revision of PSU board where both the SHV regulator section and main PSU board are on the same PCB.

Sorry you are right about the docu - alltough I have the same separated boards as you have. There is only one connection to be made between main PSU and regulator board the SMA "B+" on Main to "Raw B+" on the regulator board. On the complete board, this connection goes over the jumper "regulated". Else I'd follow the 176 (opto 7 and more) instructions on skipping the SS regulator stuff. Compared to the very basic original LA2A PSU-design there's still far too much filter cap value on this PSU (imho) overkill. You might have to play with resistor values on the SS-board to get correct DC Voltage after it is connected to the main board.

jt0117, did you ever get this PSU up and running? I have the same configuration for a Dual Sta I'm about to start building and am curious to hear how you got on. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back