Any information on this capsule supplier?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My experience with all of these is generally they are all accurate k47 recreations, however they are based on different variations of the Neumann's capsule. You are not picking between better or worse, you are picking between slight variations in the design which sound different. This is why i have something like 5 different k47 and M7 based mics.

The original M7 had 10 micron or possibly more thick PVC diaphragm. The point is that there isn't one solution to u47 problem.

I know people are somewhat aware, but i doubt many know how much originals from Neumann and Gefell actually vary. I was shocked when i started measuring them.

Last edited:
My experience with all of these is generally they are all accurate k47 recreations, however they are based on different variations of the Neumann's capsule. You are not picking between better or worse, you are picking between slight variations in the design which sound different. This is why i have something like 5 different k47 and M7 based mics.

The original M7 had 10 micron or possibly more thick PVC diaphragm. The point is that there isn't one solution to u47 problem.

I know people are somewhat aware, but i doubt many know how much originals from Neumann and Gefell actually vary. I was shocked when i started measuring them.
yeah, worth adding that the reason the k67 was invented was precisely because they couldn't make the k47 consistent

Latest posts

Back