• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

API type "Be All" boards

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nielsk

I have a number of these left over from some custom mixer builds for folks who wanted the real sound of a great console, as in transformer in to discrete line amp to discrete mix buss with insert to booster amp output...
I decided it would be useful to make a "Be All" board, so that by changing out a few components / jumpers, it can be any 2520 based circuit  you need: Transformer Mic Preamp, Transformer line amp (with or without fader), Transformer-less line amp, Mix Amp, Booster Amp (with or without trim), you get the idea.
Each card can do two channels, with a power loop through for utilizing a bunch of them. They stack easily and you can fit a lot in a small area.
Standard Cinemag / Altran / EA2622 and so on transformer input footprint, output transformer wire pads,  2520 in sockets footprint.

$10 each plus any shipping / fees

Attachments

• BeAllpcb.JPG
    BeAllpcb.JPG
    628.7 KB
Yes, docs included,
see:
http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=44738.0
post #10 for examples of what can be made with this

Sounds like too good an opportunity to pass up [ when you're out , that's it done ? ]
I guess this gets a bit like the vp28 ? or the other capi product?
I'll buy two

okgb wrote:
"I guess this gets a bit like the vp28 ? or the other capi product?"
not really, the VP28 is a 500 series mic preamp. They have a dedicated PCBs for a mix amp function
This is a PCB that can be 2 channels of pretty much whatever you want...
One COULD build one channel as a mic pre and the second as a booster amp, thereby giving the full signal path of a console
(This is what the VP28 sets out to do)
Of course the size would permit using this in a 500 series module, attach it to an L bracket and use one of the 500 series edge connectors, yet another way to use it to make whatever you want... hmm, maybe a 500 series stereo mix amp?

I would like up request from 2 to 4 at this point
PM sent
Thank you

EDIT may 5: PayPal payment has been sent for 4 boards. Cheers!

I may begin a support thread in the LAB once these arrive, as there are lots of possibilities with these.

I believe I have sent replies to all inquiries for shipping quotes, if you have not heard from me please let me know...

Can I easily use them as a 12dB-ish gain makeup for a passive EQ?
Not very familiar with the API designs in terms of gain
edit: and correct me if I'm wrong, but they can be cutted in 2 halves?

Yes, gain make up for EQ is a perfect application
There are pads for trim pots in the F/B loop and on output so it is easy to calibrate your EQ for unity gain.
No, they are not made to be cut in two, but they are small and cheap!

Great news, thanks for the replies!
I am working on posting more applicable schematics to the API docs thread, but as my scanner just died it is taking time...
I had a question about suggested sockets, Mill Max 0312-0-15-01-34-27-10-0 should be a good choice

As to shipping these, USPS First Class is the only inexpensive option

$4 to the USA for up to 6 PCBs, $6 for any amount over 6
$10 to Canada for up to 8 PCBs
$15 to the rest of the world for up to 8 PCBs

Lowfreq said:
Boards arrived here in New Zealand safe and sound.

Gonna use these to make some 500 series API pres and maybe some other goodies too.

Haha we should have combined shipping.

Back