• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

APP 1040 preamp pcbs, api and sifam knobs, carnhill vtb 9048,

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocinante

Prioritizing.  So I have a few projects, and project pcb accessories as well as some components I should get rid of.  I also have about 5 unfinished projects that I need to finish or move on.

First off is a pair of Pier Abbate's Studio app ing 1040 mic pre.  If you have used any of Pier's stuff you know he is a wizard with transistors.    These are very nice pcb's and I expect the preamps to be as nice as any of Pier's stuff which is nothing short of great.  Takes 2622 and 2503 type xfmrs but the list is even bigger than that.  Both pcbs have most of the resistors as well as some wima and other higher end audio caps - $50 gets you a good deal less than what it cost me.

2 x Api knobs - 1/8th inch shaft. Been holding onto them forever. -$18 or trade for grey fluted inner concentric marconi

4 x sifam/selco knobs - 6mm shaft I believe.  - $22 or trade for grey fluted marconi

https://postimage.org/

Owel from five fish made a cool pushbutton in out pcb (think jlm go between) it has its own di which is actually really good. -$10

Next:
A pair of bypass xlr pcbs made by majestic 12 that are similar to the igors bypass relay pcbs. Fits xlrs - $7 for the pair

Carnhill 9048 inductor - $20

I also have a spare edcor to lundahl converter if needed as well as a spare diy tubes relay pcb.

Everything is best offer.  Open to trades.  Especially transformers.  I'd like to keep this in the states and Canada

The APP preamps in this sale are both APP1040 model.
I would add that APP1040 is an inedit one. The preamp section is based on new topology I have developed, it uses a servo DC with a very big separation from the DOA to reduce a lot the servo DC's influence on the sound.
Moreover this topology does not need trimmers inside itself and it accepts many DOA's.

I can say that I remember that a person who has built 4x APP1040 channels has sold two very famous 500 rack preamps after them. 

Ahh thank you Pier,
I kinda hope no one grabs them. Or wants to just give me $4000. I can't tell you how hard it was to put them up on the BM (especially after using your 540 eqs and io boards in my helios)  but i need to finish other projects first before starting newer ones.
Anyways i just updated the post with some carnhill inductors
9048 and 9043.
Make an offer

Edcors are gone as well as psu's and 1176.
Buy these app 1040 mic pres so i can buy more stuff from Pier (no joke i need like 10 app992s doa's)
And thanks to all those who bought stuff

I agree, Pier is an high integrity kind of guy who makes the best things he can !
you should modify the title to reflect items left available

Many thanks for the comments.
I have not written any informations  about the APP1040, pratically near to zero. I have spoken only about MA1, so people doesn't know it. However I have sold some of these boards the same and who have bought are very happy with them.  It's an high performances preamp, it's  very trasparent with very trasparent transformers and DOA, you hear pratically the transformers and the DOA inside it.  I will open a thread asap for the APP1040  ;)
Pier Paolo.

My Studio ing 992's should be arriving soon. Can't wait to try them. The 1040 is surprisingly still available. Someone should buy these two pcbs. A genious designed them!!!  I have enough preamps.

The PPA 1040 - I got my boards because his Germanium MA1 preamp is great, and I already have more  good preamps than my two dozen inputs  ::)  still I build these preamps right now - if I'd not already have mine here I'd buy yours. Highly recommended, like, everything from PPA.

I wish i could hit 'like' on bm posts. Pier is the bestest. I'm totally surprised these didn't get swept up. I stole the switches but can replace them.

I also added two coveted api vermaline single wing knobs and some sifam collets

Latest posts

Back