Are you British (enough)?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zebra50

I just failed the British citizenship quiz...

http://www.howbritishareyou.com/quiz.html

I scored a pitiful 15 from 24 (62.5%). Pass mark is 18  :(

I've lived here since for 42 years, read the grown up newspapers and have higher education. If I hadn't been born here then I could be deported.

Maybe Yorkshire really is a different country!

Stewart
Republic of Yorkshire

Yeah I've seen something similar before. I'm not sure I know anyone who'd pass - certainly not me.

I think the only things it really tests is how good you are at revising for an exam.

This ex-POM also failed  :eek:

But I can sing the chorus of On Ilkla' Moor Ba' tat, so I hope I pass the Tyke's Test.

I only attempt the verses after 2 pints o' Tetley's bitter.  ;D

I'm a fellow tyke and I scored 18/24 so I think I'm just OK :O)

(TYKE, generic term for people from Yorkshire)

Frank B.

JohnRoberts said:
Echo North said:
I'm tempted to take it but I'm taking the US citizenship test on Nov 5th and don't want to get my tests mixed up!

Good luck and welcome. I am pretty sure there will be completely different questions.

JR

Thanks John.  I've been here for 11 years and grew up in Canada so the questions are *mostly* easy.  I'm ready!

Mike

I am too scared to take the test. 6 years in the US, and people from the UK say I've lost the accent.

My wife (Texan) has made it clear that if I lose my accent, she will divorce me.

Therefor, i must still have *some* accent left.

I got 17 and I was born in England. Some of the questions had nothing to do with being English and a couple or three you would only know if you were an employer or working in HR. Typical government half cocked test.

Cheers

Ian

Back