Arts/music/venue/studio

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

Looks like I have an option to become involved in an arts collective ,
its been on the cards a while , but took time to filter through and re-materialise,
Looks like the use of a deconsecrated church(built 1850) might be available for a few years,
So,  exhibition  ,venue and recording space ,  about two minutes from city centre ,
Protected structure of course ,but lack of use is leading  to decay ,
Its gloriously gothic , deserves not to rot down into the ground ,

Attachments

• sTnICs.jpg
    sTnICs.jpg
    71.5 KB
Ooh that looks like a great opportunity.
And if everything recorded there gets put out in an organized way that shows it was made there- like a collection or a series - it'd be neat to see if the church's vibe leaves a similar mark on all the records.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn12jOZ_a7I&feature=youtu.be

That was live camera in the room which sounds GREAT!

Older show..board mix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVc66YWZBTo

GREAT room with a lot of gear.

Bri

'Other Voices' which our Ruairi was involved in ,was tremendously sucessfull ,all based in a church in Dingle ,Co Kerry.

The arts group themselves have some reservations about sound in a church ,  but a modern pa with time delayed zones should allow it to work fine .

I might be able to get in for a look at the building next week , its the typical cross shaped place of worship you find here ,
I was thinking a confession box would make a quirky vocal booth , but Im not sure if it has them or not .

Its all wonderfully irreverent , marshall amps and drums and rock n roll on the alter of a church , Hopefully they kept the pulpit ,could be repurposed into a  live sound desk position .

I guess a compilation album of live shows would be a great showcase for local talent , just thinking about it now ,I know all of my musician friends are going to want to be involved in electric church music.

Wasnt actually the building I posted in the first picture , slightly more humble ,but still with lots of potential . things are only in the very early stages just yet , will post more details as they come through .

Back