Audio Samples : Samar vs Ioaudio Bv08 and Ami T14 OPR 47 and C12 Builds

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only checked the acoustics, i'm a huge fan of Mark, but i have to say, the samar loaded C12 sounded bloated down low, and the lack of mid didn't do it for me, it would need some eq, it might win out on vox? But the AMI on acoustic sounds pre compressed and about ready to insert into a mix as is.

Of course JMO, i'll check out the rest later 8)

I only checked the acoustics, i'm a huge fan of Mark, but i have to say, the samar loaded C12 sounded bloated down low, and the lack of mid didn't do it for me, it would need some eq, it might win out on vox? But the AMI on acoustic sounds pre compressed and about ready to insert into a mix as is.
Yep those Tim Campbell capsules do have some serious low end and the Samar transformer isn't holding anything back! I suspect dropping in a smaller grid resistor would  balance things out  with the T.C combo... on the other hand the bigger lows and smooth tops could help to compensate for a  China ck12  sty-lee's weak points 8)

Hello,

I recently bought this C12 transformer from Mark, but I'm getting trouble with the installation, maybe you can help me...

I feel confused about the wiring.
The black and the white are on the same bobbin, therefore I cannot get any reading from them.
The green and the red are on the same bobbin, therefore I cannot get any reading from them.
The black and the green are not on the same bobbin, but I can read 13,5 ohm.
The white and the red are not on the same bobbin, but I can read 154 ohm.

What should I trust?

Thanks,

I got this information from Mark:
The transformer has standard wire code--Primary: Red(+), White(-), Secondary: Green(+), Black(-).

thanks to him! ;)

Latest posts

Back