AUSO-Siemens ELA75-16b

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amra

Hello,
I found in a box I've packed long time ago a couple of funky compressor/expander (?) labelled AUSO siemens ELA75-16b, brand new (was packed in the original box) together with several other stuff of the same brand, that I got really long time ago from a dismantled old mastering studio. Inside it uses use several optocouplers, 4/5 big signal transformer and only metallic cased transistors and overall quality of components and assembly looks quite high.
The front panel it's all in italian so I traslate in english the knobs...
The label on tops says "dynamic compressor"
Top one knob is the output level
Just under VU is the input level and under this last one there's 2 section. The one on the left is the xpansor with on/off and threshold and on right the compressor with release and a mode knob that set it as limiter, compressor 2:1 or 3:1.
I try to find any info about these modules but google, kubart doesn't seems to track any information. Today I opened one, carefully find the path of the pinout that I easily track (in/out balanced, +, ground and chassis ground) and carefully applied 12 volt stabilized (since I don't know the supply demand) to see what's happen. Well, at list it doesn't exploded and looks like it turns on  ;)
Tonite I will try to apply a signal to see what's happen and possibly how's the sound
If someone is interested I can make some pict of the inside...
Any info about the power supply request of these modules or any other info???

IMG_6433.jpg

IMG_6435.jpg

I have a pair of Siemens EQs part number ELA75-06 that came with a wiring sketch that calls for -24V DC, i.e. positive ground. Same construction, knobs, etc. but mine are a light greenish-yellow-buff color. It might be worth finding out the voltage requirement before powering these up. I haven't powered mine up yet...

John Peluso may have some more info as I obtained the EQs from him some years ago. I haven't used mine yet but those who have seem to be quite happy with them.

If you do connect with more info on these modules, I'd like to know more.

Cheers,

Michael

it is quite impossible to get info for Auso modules, because of the fact that Auso build those sistems generally consoles, for RAI - RADIO TELEVISIONE ITALIANA  ( italian state broadcast network ) and to discourage indipendent television station developed, in 1977 was forbiden by the governement to share info or trade used RAI's equipment for broadcast. some old technichan may know something.

I own a pair of eq, and they run at  "minus" 24VDC

as far as i know those modules are from RAI in Naples or Turin.

M.

Unfortunatly Mik is right, really impossible get infos about those units!
I have several modules (found other 2 compressors and 8 four band eq, plus 2 effects eq and a weird stereo spring reverb) and many signal transformers really well made from a turin factory. They all come from an old recording studio that originally was builded by RAI in Milano but in the 80's was dismantled. Fortunatly those unit was intended as spare and I found packet in a forgotten dirty box together with some other electronics board at that time, when my father buy the facility for other purposes. I found also some documents in the box and some shematics but since this happened many years ago I cannot remember where they are.

i got my hands on some of those compressor/expander modules ELA 75-16b

i am trying to figure out the pinout but first of all which connector type that is ?

Attachments

• foto 2.JPG
    foto 2.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 42
Hi all,

I am looking to buy some of these ELA 75-16 or 16b compressor units so if any of you want to part with yours just let me know and we can discuss a reasonable price.  http://groupdiy.com/Smileys/default/wink.gif

Cheers
Craig

Hi all,

I have just got my hands on some Siemens Auso ELA DC 75-04/1a fader modules that seems to have a selector switch of 40 or 55 'gain' plus what looks like a panning pot. Can anyone out there help me with the pinout or schematics for these modules.

At the back is states Amplificatore 'RAI' Tipo Ia' and has another code 'ELA Sp75-04a'?

I have attached some pics on the inside after recapping and the front of the fader.

Any help would be very much appreciated!
Thanks
Craig

Attachments

• Siemens Asuo Fader module inside.jpg
    Siemens Asuo Fader module inside.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 45
Back