avalon m5 owner (old unit) component value

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nashkato

would anybody mind opening a few screws to lift the top lid and tell me the value of R13 in an Avalon M5 pre 2018 ?

Attachments

• 589C5870-D5CB-4CD5-B11F-3333D6F8BB81.jpeg
    589C5870-D5CB-4CD5-B11F-3333D6F8BB81.jpeg
    839.6 KB · Views: 1
From memory
The psu is discrete for the bipolar 32vdc used to run the unit. You will see how the layout mirrors on one side to the other. You might be able to work out the value that way. But if you are burning up resistors there is more to it then just replacing the resistor. I would suspect a recap is in order. Usually the 10uf/63vdc and the 100uF/50vdc

Thanks
i´m aware that power (0,5W of the resistor) equals a current x a more or less constant voltage and therefore something along the line was way out of specs or even shorted .
in my case several transistors , and a zener .
( waiting for 1 transistor and the zener atm which i didn´t have at hand )
initially a shorted 100uF/50v cap must have been the cause for quite some damage down the line.
those blue caps i cannot trust and will be replaced .

btw ... R13 is 1kR

Thanks
i´m aware that power (0,5W of the resistor) equals a current x a more or less constant voltage and therefore something along the line was way out of specs or even shorted .
in my case several transistors , and a zener .
( waiting for 1 transistor and the zener atm which i didn´t have at hand )
initially a shorted 100uF/50v cap must have been the cause for quite some damage down the line.
those blue caps i cannot trust and will be replaced .

btw ... R13 is 1kR
I would have guessed a 1k0 l/1kr resistor from memory as I used to see those schematics daily, but didn’t want to give a wrong value and I was not 100% sure.

I usually replace of those blue caps with Panasonic caps. But that’s when servicing.

Back