Avalon vt-737sp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_6213.jpegHey there. I bought some spares and was wondering if these could be causing the meter to pin hard right now. Pretty much that’s all I need to fix

K. With one side to ground I hit the following
These readings are shown as looking at pins in this pic;
-17.93. 0
-7.94. -17.28
-9.32. 16.35
0. 0.

I measured one side to ground on chassis. Is this correct or should I use the ground on chip itself ?
IMG_6254.jpeg

K will try tomorrow. Thanks again. Why can I adjust the meter for the compressor portion but then it pins in reg mode. ??

FYI relays K7/K8/K9 have nothing to do with the VU meter. Relay K13 is the one that selects the signal to the VU meter.

However, with the “meter” button out (unlit), it looks like you already have a problem earlier in the signal path at opamp U1. That opamp is outputting -17.28 volts at pin 6, which is nearly the same as the negative power supply rail.

So I think pucho is right to suggest pulling that chip and testing it separately or just replacing it with a new one & retest.

K. Chip is soldered in so reseating is not possible. Should I check any areas before it reaches that chip

Latest posts

Back