Aviom A16II no Cat5 power (schematic needed)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deveng

I've got an Aviom A16II that won't power up when using the Cat5.  It will power up and work with the DC input jack.    I've worked on a half dozen of these already repairing the tactile switches, phone jacks, replacing the Cat5 connectors, etc. but never the actual circuit. 

Does anyone have a schematic for this unit?

regards,
Jeff

Yep tried that.  Also, swapped the cat5 connector from the output side just in case.  PCB looks like multi-layer so its a bit difficult to follow the trace paths.  There's no obvious burned components and all the solder joints in the area look good. 

Regards,
Jeff

I'm almost sure.  We're going to re-check this thing today and I'll check it myself.  The sound guy who brought it to me knows what he's doing.  But, we can all make mistakes!

Regards,
Jeff

It works.  Swapping the good Cat5 connector from the output side did the trick, at least so far.  The "bad" one checked out ok but may have an intermittent contact within the connector.  We'll just have to wait and see if it lasts.

If anyone has a schematic it would still be handy to have just in case something else goes wrong.

regards,
Jeff

Latest posts

Back