Balanced output transformer for Roland RE - 201

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
squarewave said:
. If you are using the switch, be careful not to overheat the leads. That switch looks a little delicate. You could melt stuff inside and break it and it could be very difficult to replace.

I think that I'll start by bypassing the switch and take all the signal to the op amp.
How should I wire  it from the side of R5 that facing to pin 3 of the op amp?

smilan said:
I think that I'll start by bypassing the switch and take all the signal to the op amp.
How should I wire  it from the side of R5 that facing to pin 3 of the op amp?
You can just leave out R5 then.

Note that there's a mistake in my last schem. The second disabled op amp + input should not be connected to ground. It must be connected to the input like in this new schem:

SQ-RSEout-0.9.0.png

The LC filter is just an alternative way to do what the twin-t filter does. It's just a little better for tuning and adjusting the "Q". I'm sure the circuit will "evolve" a little more before I actually submit it to the PCB people.

PRR said:
It is basically a guitar-level source. I would just use a DI.
Yeah. If you have an extra DI and cable and phantom power from a console and so on. I still don't even own a mixer mostly because I don't want 9000 cables all over the place (I wish there was a mixer that was all bantam / tt!).

Otherwise, the space echo output is pretty horrible even as guitar pedals go because of the whole filter-board add on hack. So with a little 2"x1" bolt-on PCB I can solve 4 problems at once (bias signal filter, more gain, balanced out and good drive).

Back