Behringer Meters on SSL Comp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zboy2854,

Yes, 2K as series resistor IF your meter is 1mA FSD, linear movemen´t.

Morten,

Most meters will work, but you will need to play around with the series resistor. Maybe use a 2K2 trimmer for the series resistor.

Jakob E.

different question about the behringer meters:

what is the voltage for the behringer meter lamps?
(is it right that its not a good idea to take the voltage from the circuit?)

thanks

Briz,

From page 10 of the SSL-thread:

[quote author="gyraf"]Please do NOT use the 12V rails form the SSL-clone PCB for meter light, as there is not enough current for that - we're stabilizing the 12V's with 78L12/79L12's. Also, the 12V's are used for reference and we don't want any dirt in there...

For meter light it would be better to use unregulated supply voltage with an appropiate voltage dropping resistor (use Ohm's law..)

Jakob E.[/quote]

this colour?

its spraypaint, and i forgot which RAL number...
it looks a bit cheesy seventies-style, but i like it ;)

and i forgot something else i would like to say now:

thanks very much jakob for this project!!
thanks gustav for the board!
and thanks to all friendly and helping guys at prodigy!

[quote author="gyraf"]Please do NOT use the 12V rails form the SSL-clone PCB for meter light, as there is not enough current for that - we're stabilizing the 12V's with 78L12/79L12's. Also, the 12V's are used for reference and we don't want any dirt in there...

For meter light it would be better to use unregulated supply voltage with an appropiate voltage dropping resistor (use Ohm's law..)

Jakob E.[/quote]

Does this mean I should hook my meter light up off the transformer secondaries? If my meter lamp is 12v, I shouldn't need a resistor, right? Or is it 15v from the transformer, in which case I would need to drop it 3 volts?

Ah, the joys of being new and confused!

Yes, use the transformer secondaries directly - that is best for the audio supply lines.

Measure the actual AC voltage of the transformer under load (i.e. the unit running), and calculate the needed series resistor size and wattage on the basis of this and your light voltage/current rating. It's all described already..

Jakob E.

[quote author="gyraf"]Yes, use the transformer secondaries directly - that is best for the audio supply lines.

Measure the actual AC voltage of the transformer under load (i.e. the unit running), and calculate the needed series resistor size and wattage on the basis of this and your light voltage/current rating. It's all described already..

Jakob E.[/quote]

Thanks!!

[quote author="Brizco"]http://de.f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/brizco12

in the folder gssl...

not so professional frontplate... but... green! ;)[/quote]
Hey, that looks great Brizco!:thumb:

It looks a bit...Sovtek, but yet with a more classy touch. I would suggest you make up your mind about the knobs though. Either would be cool. The round knobs are classy and it's waay cool to have the same color on the caps as the front plate since the color is so "special". That adds a lot to the "classiness".

The chicken head knobs are my favorite though! They kind of make you expect that something "proven good" will happen when turning them, and that fits a this precise comp well.

The power switch and lamp are perfect on your box and gives the unit its sturdy look, and the thin lines and letters for the scales are great too. They add class and taste...

So, where you think it's "not so professional", I think it's close to perfect!:razz:

Great job!

Hello

Do any of you that used the BE-46 have the exact dimensions of the meter for mounting it in the frontpanel?
I allready ordered the meter, but I need to finish the frontpanel before i recieve it.

Thanks

Lenz

Mine arrived this morning:

the front side is 3.5 cm x 3.5 cm

The actual meter diameter is a little smaller (like half a mm on each side)
and it has a tubular shape

hope this helps !

another question ...
how do you open this be46 ?
the only screw I seem to find is for finetuning the needle

any suggestions ?

-arno

:oops: Well, i wonder, too. Brutal dremel action???
:?:

EDIT: GOT THAT two minutes later.
Find a sharp knife and cut under the bezel. The back tube containing the meter is snapped into the front bezel and glass. As soon as you got a small gap, use a sharp screwdriver to pop it off carefully (plastic...). now the scale will fall out and you have it.... :twisted:

Kind regards,

Martin

What is the voltage of the Behringer meter lamp? I've looked all over the metas, did the search thing, everything. If I missed, my bad. Any help would be apprecated.

[quote author="Mrosso"]What is the voltage of the Behringer meter lamp? I've looked all over the metas, did the search thing, everything. If I missed, my bad. Any help would be apprecated.[/quote]
12Volts, Behringer runs two in series on 24volts. :guinness: :guinness:

[quote author="shabtek"]are't the 'lamps' in the behring meters led???they sure look like it[/quote]
Not the ones I have from the rackmount pres, and the bass amps. A continuity check will confirm this. I have cracked several open, the LEDs would last longer and Behringer is made to break.

Ptownkid,
Yes, those are the one's. I bought a set from you a while back. Being that I'm still a newbie with this stuff, is there a particular voltage I need to worry aobut for LEDs? May be a stupid question, but I gotta learn somehow. I have no clue how to wire these things into my GSSL.
thanks.

Back