BEHRINGER MODS / UPGRADES - MY FINDINGS (T1953-Centric)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That description is a hilarious piece of audio-phoolery!

By using silk fibers, the RFS (SILMIC II) Series Capacitors offer high grade sound for audio design. Due to the silk fiber's pliability, the capacitor exhibits a superior acoustic sound. The RFS (SILMIC II) Series Miniature High Grade Capacitors can be used to relieve the music's harmonic vibration, increase the purity of the sound at high frequency, decrease muddy sound at middle frequency, and increase high energy bass sound at low frequency.

Those Behringer T series boxes are good for an enclosure ,connectors  and a heater supply , little else .
they have no ht supply ,Ive been on the look out for one of the 8 channel magicians to repurpose into something else .
I think they have about 30 volts on the anodes of the valves ,but the valve modules themselves are through hole and can easily be re-jigged into something better . Add a step up input transformer and rewire the valve stage into a balanced input (with resistors to offset the drivevoltage ) single ended output between the cathode of the upper triode and the anode of the lower one (sorry the name of this topology escapes me at the moment) and you could have a valve gain(transformer) stage, capable of driving a 5k or 10k pot and maybe a Neve Ba 283 output stage ,its bound too sound good.

I like the idea of repurposing the box though........

I have a modded Yamaha passive volume controller/selector with a similar tube gain stage added as you mentioned earlier and it's quite nice. No transformers though.....

Latest posts

Back