BOM query for SSL 9K

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here are some places to start:

MAT-02: Digikey has them part#: MAT02FH-ND

15uH inductor: (your link doesn't work) - any inductor with the right value will do i believe.

2.5 Log B/2Deck/coax: this is a 2K5 rev. log dual ganged pot which is really difficult to find, but you can build a gain switch (search the metas and NYDave and Dr. Pat have done the work for you) or you could buy a 2K2 dual rev.log pot from Colin (Audio Maintenance LTD.) which should work just as well.

SSM2142: you could substitute the obsolete SSM2142 with a THAT 1646. IIRC wayne (mediatechnology) has done some comparisons in a drawing board thread. wayne (KA Electronics) sells them for a little cheaper, but you can get them from Mouser as well.

hope this helps.
kind regards,
grant

The BurrBrown DRV134 can be subbed in place of the AD SSM2142. I know that Ti used to send samples of the DRV134 too....

cool thanks guyz,
i'll go with the DIGIKEY one

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I need a little bit of help before I place my order, there are some parts that I can't find.
I would like to be sure that the parts that I have opted for are going to be
compatible.
I used the syntech bom list link to use as a reference, unfortunately a few of the
parts are no longer available and so I had to go for some alternative parts.

http://www.syntech.co.yu/9kBOM.zip

- c63 = cannot find it (100nf), if voltage is not given, how do you know?
- IC31 = TEXAS INSTRUMENTS - TL052CDG4 - OP AMP, DUAL JFET, SMD, SOIC8

- c85 = cannot find it (100nf)
- c61 = EPCOS - B32529C1104K - CAPACITOR, 0.1UF, 100V
- c59 = WIMA - FKP2 470PF +/-5% 100V - CAPACITOR, 470PF, 100V
- TR5, this one or that one?

1. ANALOG DEVICES - MAT01GHZ - Monolithic Dual Transistor
          2. ANALOG DEVICES - MAT01GH - IC, TRANSISTOR, MATCHED MONO
- c5 = cannot find it

power supply pcb

what are the full specs for the following components?
- 100uf x 4
- 100nf x 2
- IC1
- Ic2

They are a few things I wanted to know, I noticed in Syntech bom that he uses polypropylene for C59
and surround parts were simply metalised polyester, is there a specific style you should use for specific parts
or is it simply pure from an experiment point of view.

- How do I know when quality of the component won't affect the sound of the unit so then I can save up
by buying the cheapo component if that makes sense?

help is always mad appreciated.

:)

there are a several different BOMs available for this.. Pat had one IIRC, and there was one more. I am not seeing the schemo right now, as the www.beatbazar.com/guests/ssltech site where Keith had the docs is suspended atm(?).  But, first thing..

The transistor:  you need the MAT02  not the MAT01. It is very hard to find right now, as it is being phased out, although Sam G said there should be a replacement later this year.  There is an email address here somewhere for an Asian source for the MAT02, but you have to buy a few (10 or so) to make it worth the shipping cost.  There should still be some available through regular outlets but they are getting pricey. Can also use the LM394 (dual transistor used in the 990 opamp).

IC31 (TL052)... commonly available. It's the reason for the +/-15V.  Could use TLE2072 (IIRC?) and avoid having to supply +/-15V, but I think the 52 may be better for this. (If you use the 52 you could also run the whole preamp on +/-15V and again avoid having to supply 4 voltages).

As far as film caps, I think these are the ones I bought (Wima's from TAW). but double check by plugging the part numbers into Mouser's website and see if they are the right values, cuz I pulled them from an old email. You may not need the MKP anf FKP, (they are a bit more $ than MKS etc) but it can't hurt (except your wallet, I guess). 
MKP2 104K100
FKP2 331H63
FKP2 471H63
MKP2 104J100
MKS02 104J63
MKS2 474J63
MKS4 225K63

On the PSU PCB, all the caps on the bipolar side should be rated 35V or 50V to be safe, if you'll be using a 2x20VAC trafo for +/-18V or so.

Everything on the phantom side should be 63 (100V is better) to be safe.  Again, check diameter and lead spacing for all these lytics (and height if this will be in a 1U) to make sure it fits.

ICs needed for PSU are 7818, 7918, and lm317 (phantom). If you choose to run it at +/-15V, then use 7815 and 7915.

As far as cap quality etc is concerned, I guess just use the best you can find and can afford. People have built this with all wima films for even the tiny caps and then others have built it with ceramics and all have liked the thing.. so... yeah, not much help, I know, but that's pretty much the gist of it. 

thanks for helping a rookie out mitsos!

Taw and mouser doesn't let me search the item with the part numbers you have given me.

I second calling Laura, but you should check Wima's site first. I tried searching mouser as well, but came up short as you. Whatever, www.wima.com is better.  Should have mentioned it instead. They have a good filtering system and once you get down to the cap type you want (MKP2, for example) page two of the datasheet is a size chart with L,W,H and lead spacing.  Very helpful for projects without specific cap part numbers.

Latest posts

Back