brainstorm for a click distribution system

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12afael

we will be opening for Unisonic and Gotthard concert with my band in may here in Chile and I have to solve a problem. my drummer can play with click but he can`t wear headphones because he also use a headset mic. I`m hearing you, yes he can use an in ear headphone maybe, we try some sony MDR-EX series but the isolation wasn`t good. I remember a post of Volker about some Rammstein gear and I`m thinking in an easy solution. what if it is not sound? I can use a led, what I need is the correct tempo at the begining, we play heavy metal and the drumer used to play faster on slow songs and slow in fast songs. the drummer can play some tempo tracks from his computer/ cellphone, metronome,etc. I can build a precision rectifier and a comparator to drive the led that`s easy. it would be cool also have some tempo leds in the front part of the stage for the other musicians. I hate cables at the stage so I`m thinking in an easy solution to make it wireless.

someone have a different solution? suggestion for the transmitter/receiver?

Rafael

What is sound but vibration?  What about some kind of transducer on the stool or on the ankle that can be felt?

That would avoid the "you have to look at the light" confusion that most drummers would experience ;)

I see cell phone vibrators available at surplus sites, or you can get real serious with industrial units.  No immediate ideas about a wireless option.
Mike

thanks Mike, it´s not a bad idea we were kidding about an electrical discharge haha. it should be easy to adapt an electric abdomen belt.

best regards
Rafael

Latest posts

Back