[BUILD] 1176 Rev A - Back to the beginning...

Help Support GroupDIY:

thomasdf

I am SO in love with my Hairball Rev A old version. It's just plain incredible and does something awesome to any vocals I run thru it.

So here's my question : if I want a pair of them, are there any circuit changes between the old and new kits ?

dribro

hi.
cannot wrap my head around Igor's F76 LL1524 schematic and Rev.A output feedback. Maybe this traffo can't be used with Mnats 1.25 boards?
As i have a LL1524 pair, i might as well use them. They are so good.
As per Igors, primary + 12/7 and - 11/8; output +6/3 and 4/1 shunt. But then i have 5/2 not connected but i tested these are outs too.

any help is welcomed

Potato Cakes

I am SO in love with my Hairball Rev A old version. It's just plain incredible and does something awesome to any vocals I run thru it.

So here's my question : if I want a pair of them, are there any circuit changes between the old and new kits ?
I've built the old ones and the new ones. The only difference I know of is the board layout, which makes it much easier to assemble and has an integrated option to add an active stereo linking option.

Thanks!

Paul

Poupignon

Hi everyone.
I just finished my 1176 rev D,
But the sound is completely distorted.
And the unit, more precisely, the transformer make a strange noise like whistling like a radio…
If someone can help me…

Ilya

Hi. This is Rev A thread, not Rev D.
As for your issue, this sounds like an oscillation in high frequencies. Check for proper wiring.

HerbertR

Hi, ve built a pair of Mnats 1176 A's and I measured wrong DC Voltages on the two JFets J309. Also my Output Level feeding with an 1kHz Sine is very low.
So I ve measured the 309J's and have recognised that they are BJTs and not JFETs!!! Original Aliex Fairchild Quality....😫.... Hell.... Five meteres before finishing the units...... I also made the expierence with BF245A's... Especially always with Fairchild brands... Cheap BJTs reprinted in China... I am such an Idiox....👿.... Sorry for my words....

Attachments

• PXL_20210919_190152524.jpg
    PXL_20210919_190152524.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts