build your own mixer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting concept. I love the way the modules fit together. Pity the designer had to over emphasise the lack of NFB.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
Interesting concept. I love the way the modules fit together.
Probably not very robust when the chassis length exceeds about 80cm.
Pity the designer had to over emphasise the lack of NFB.
Yes, it's pathetic, as is the down to DC response. This company is quite good at MI products; they may find that stepping up to pro audio is not that easy.

abbey road d enfer said:
ruffrecords said:
Yes, it's pathetic, as is the down to DC response. This company is quite good at MI products; they may find that stepping up to pro audio is not that easy.

I wonder how they achieve phantom power AND down to dc response?

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
abbey road d enfer said:
ruffrecords said:

I wonder how they achieve phantom power AND down to dc response?

Cheers

Ian
It is actually possible but I doubt they (or anyone) would do it, since music does not go down to DC. So it would be a great deal of effort for nothing but a marketing bullet.

Easier to just claim it and not do it.

JR

JohnRoberts said:
It is actually possible but I doubt they (or anyone) would do it, since music does not go down to DC. So it would be a great deal of effort for nothing but a marketing bullet.

Easier to just claim it and not do it.

JR
These guys are primarily MI and HiFi, so theer's a lot of audiophoolishness in their concepts; but you're right, I think their down-to-DC concept does not extend all the way.

ruffrecords said:

Having messed around with discrete squalid-state gain blocks using no loop feedback, it isn't easy to do.  It is possible with lots of madtching of components etc. 
The best I achieved was based on a John Curl topology, along with servos or transformers, but to build a full mixer would be daunting!

Attachments

• Znfb gain block.png
    Znfb gain block.png
    21.5 KB
Winston O'Boogie said:
ruffrecords said:

Having messed around with discrete squalid-state gain blocks using no loop feedback, it isn't easy to do.  It is possible with lots of matching of components etc. 
The best I achieved was based on a John Curl topology, along with servos or transformers, but to build a full mixer would be daunting!

I like negative feedback.

JR

"The headroom from input to output enables fairly strong overloads to be absorbed by the mixer’s electronics, without producing distortion." 

So I no longer need those absorbent pads on my mixer?

No, wait, if they don't produce distortion, how are they overloads?

I think I better go buy another box of pads.

Latest posts

Back