"But does it sound like the original?"

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potato Cakes

I have a solution get more of my time back when asked with this question regarding projects I've built. Instead of trying to explain factors like differences in component tolerances 50+ years ago and then the affects of age/wear and tear on said components to someone who is caught up in the flashy marketing schemes found in "industry publications," I'm just going to say "yes." Factoring in the previously mentioned older component tolerances, chances are there was an original unit that sounds the same as the ones I build. I am willing to share knowledge that has been lent to me by the wonderful people here as I too used to be ignorant and I do want others to in turn be educated, but sometimes it becomes clear that acquisition of knowledge is not the goal. This new approach is derived from a good touring frien of mine who says "The time it takes me to explain (x) so you understand is more important to me than you actually understanding." He also says "getting punched in the mouth is still an option."

Thanks!

Paul

Back