• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

C-12 copy APEX 460 tube mic, Eric Heiserman capsule, replaced headbasket, more

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

playon

Selling a heavily modified Apex 460, it has Eric Heiserman's C12 capsule (USA made) installed, with the Fox circuit modification as sold by microphone-parts.com.  It also has an upgraded headbasket from Chunger, and a NOS Raytheon 6072A tube has been installed - a military spec 12AY7 which sells on ebay for $90. The capsule installation and circuit work were done for me by Matador.  The power supply has also had some capacitor upgrades. The mic is working as is, but was a project that I meant to take further, upgrading the PCB and the transformer would take it to the next level.  Power supply and cable are included. The parts alone are worth more than I am asking. 

$600 shipped in the continental USA. If you are outside the US we can work out the shipping.

Some photos here:  https://reverb.com/item/4390120-apex-460-tube-mic-upgraded-with-high-end-capsule-headbasket-more

Back