C and K F series Pushbutton window cap mounting

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iampoor1

Hello

Has anyone had any luck using these C and K "window" caps on the F series of switches? I am using the F2UEE standard configuration.

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/c-k/F11010108/CKN10073-ND/2043084

I am not sure how these are supposed to work and open, as the part that pushes the window open doesnt extend past the base of the cap. Im sure I am missing something simple, but I tried googling, a search here, and even watching the CandK "training module", no luck! Short of contacting C&K has anyone used these before?

It looks like this is the series I should have bought, but didnt. I have seen these before.

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/c-k/F08010112/CKN10020-ND/2043087

Any ideas? I have far more of the F11010108 cap than I would like to publically admit.....  ;D

These look like winkies.  If they are they work as follows. WHen the switch is off they have a pair of curtains that cover up the green part.  The curtains open when you press the switch.  There is normally a tab that is connected to the green part so it stays in place when you press the switch & the rest of the housing moves with the switch spigot.  It looks like they are winking at you or an eye opening and closing when you operate them, hence the nick name.

Winkies are used by many of manufacturers.  Trident consoles have them, Studer tape decks to name but a few

Rob Flinn said:
These look like winkies.  If they are they work as follows. WHen the switch is off they have a pair of curtains that cover up the green part.  The curtains open when you press the switch.  There is normally a tab that is connected to the green part so it stays in place when you press the switch & the rest of the housing moves with the switch spigot.  It looks like they are winking at you or an eye opening and closing when you operate them, hence the nick name.

Winkies are used by many of manufacturers.  Trident consoles have them, Studer tape decks to name but a few

Yes you are correct. Thats exactly why I purchased them, they look amazing.  ;D
The problem I am having is that the particular caps I bought (the green ones linked apove) mount in a peculiar way. I cannot figure out how to keep the tabs open/in place when the switch moves. They do not go beyond the base cap.

abbey road d enfer said:
  Aren't these the type that mounts in the panel mount (ZF type)?

Im starting to think thats what these are.
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/c-k/F11010108/CKN10073-ND/2043084
I purchased them, and the tabs for the window opening do not go past the switch base. Of course, I dont know where to buy just the bushing for the ZF type now.....without buying 16$ switches with the winky cap attached.  :eek:

I also want to add, I do have the proper CandK switch stations that I would normally expect to use these with. The tabs to open the winky window are not long enough to push against the switch station. They dont have anything to push against the switch station.

Down on Page 7 in the datasheet is the mechanical drawing. I have the F11 series. Looks like I should have purchased the F08 series. Ugh.....

https://www.ckswitches.com/media/1402/fpush.pdf

iampoor1 said:
I also want to add, I do have the proper CandK switch stations that I would normally expect to use these with. The tabs to open the winky window are not long enough to push against the switch station. They dont have anything to push against the switch station.
In good DIY spirit, you may attach a piece of copper wire to the plastic piece. Heat the wire and press it into the plastic, then strengthen with super-glue.

abbey road d enfer said:
In good DIY spirit, you may attach a piece of copper wire to the plastic piece. Heat the wire and press it into the plastic, then strengthen with super-glue.

True, thats not a bad idea.

boji said:
Or convince yourself you now have a reason to buy a 3d printer! 

I might just have an excuse to get a 3d printer now.....
Hmmm are there any cheap options that are not beyond useless!?  ;D

Back