Cad Equitek E100 Capsule

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure, there's a lot of fluff in the Schoeps paper, however, even my DIY imitation sounds just like the paper describes - I was sceptical myself till I built it and heard the result.

Last edited:
Thanks for this!
I just took a look at the V4U capsule, saw the back of it. I swear i wasn't aware of this mic until now. LoL!

It's almost funny how the people at GS had basically no clue what you were doing there. I'll have to try this out, i have some small sdcs around. Great audio examples there as well. Your mic sounded very Neumann-esque compared to the 319 and AT.

2sk208. I tried IF4500 but it really needs that Rode topology to shine, it's not a easy drop in replacement fet. It has quite high input capacitance, which is not an issue with Rode's solution.

2sk208 has also pretty high Vgds, so i have some plans for that one in future 😁

I guess that would depend on circuit. In Schoeps all the current not used by the fet would be wasted by the zener.

How's the longevity of the older EM21 (Primo) capsules?

I have a couple of them. I'd like to test to determine whether the electret still has a decent charge. I do have a decent set of ears (albeit not exactly golden), and an older-but-decent lower end preamp. Any thoughts? I'm looking for more of a pass-fail thing.

Last edited:
Thanks! I've got a pair of the Teac ME-80/ME-120 mics, with the idea in mind to update them with better electronics & phantom power. Now I get to stay up late learning about back electret self-polarized SDCs, haha!

How's the longevity of the older EM21 (Primo) capsules?
I bought over 10 similar mics with EM21 last year. Random and untested, none of them had a problem with it.

Since these mics often lie unused for over 30 years in some drawer, it sometimes happens that the batteries leak or the rubber spacers of these become brittle. But all this does not affect the capsules, mine all work without problems.

Back