Calrec PQ1549 Preamp Square Wave Testing

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonallenh

Hi everyone, I built myself a test jig to get some modules ready for racking. My first module seems to be functioning fairly well, however I notice the preamp is not giving me a clean square wave. In isolation, the eq, filters, and output (borrowed from the MC1520 small fader module) have all given me clean squares compared to the generator. I'm not sure whether what I'm looking at is considered within a normal expectation or a sign of a problem. This preamp has a hi and lo gain amp and they both show this same sloping. Output of the line input section too. The slope would suggest I've lost some low frequency information, so I'm thinking a recap may be necessary. However, I've not really done a ton of testing like this before, so perhaps I'm making too big a deal of this response. Yellow is the preamp output, blue is the test signal.

1694405457827.png

I’ve had similar results with output transformer being loaded incorrectly (or even unloaded)
Maybe that’s a thing you can (double) check ?
Hi Thomas, I believe my output transformer is fine- I've bypassed the preamp to check the eq and filter sections and they look pristine. It's the input transformer that seems to be giving me problems.

Latest posts

Back