Can't stop the Malkjos!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where is the chassis grounded? Don't tell me this is a death trap!

It doesn't look awful though as far as neatness goes. Still, fuck him.

>>Where is the chassis grounded? Don't tell me this is a death trap!

>>Does he drill his holes based on feel +/- 10%?

Just look at the frontplate and it all becomes clear - that's the "custom" part, obviously. :)

[quote author="Jeremy H"]I know the gear would be crap - but on it's own merits, I quite like the look of that back panel??!!

Sort of cool in that "junk art" kinda way!! Perfectly inperfect.[/quote]

Maybe someone should take this to the extremes of imitating the early style of Frank Gehry...

Actually, I saw some consumer electronics done by an artist that were quite amazing---working turntables that looked like fragments of reinforced concrete from a structure demolished by a bunkerbuster bomb, and so forth.

[quote author="rodabod"]Where is the chassis grounded? Don't tell me this is a death trap!

It doesn't look awful though as far as neatness goes. Still, fuck him.[/quote]

I'm not sure if I can make out the Earth connection either... Very worrying... :shock:

Regardless of where the Intellectual Property for his designs comes from and the ethical ramifications, ANYONE selling mains-powered gear on Ebay that doesn't have a solder-less / permanently wired Earth connection deserves to have their account revoked, and should be reported to the local authorities in their town.

Not sure I'd agree with the neatness - it's 'near-awful' IMO. I might have a prototype or two that I've made for myself and not gotten around to tidying up that are similar, but there's no way I could sell something like that... Look at the way he's put that tie-wrap across a whole festoon of different circuit cables...

Aside from abusing Gyraf's DIY ethos, I'd like to know where the Earth wire is...

Justin

[quote author="bcarso"][quote author="Jeremy H"]I know the gear would be crap - but on it's own merits, I quite like the look of that back panel??!!

Sort of cool in that "junk art" kinda way!! Perfectly inperfect.[/quote]

Maybe someone should take this to the extremes of imitating the early style of Frank Gehry...

Actually, I saw some consumer electronics done by an artist that were quite amazing---working turntables that looked like fragments of reinforced concrete from a structure demolished by a bunkerbuster bomb, and so forth.[/quote]

If you ever find a link, I'd love to see the turntable - brings a new meaning to the term 'musique concrete' :grin:

BTW - Does anyone have a link to that bizarre hi-fi that Jaakko posted here, made from wood? I should make that the wallpaper on my PC - never ceases to amuse me...

Justin

edit - found it: Les Amplificateurs :grin:

[quote author="thermionic"]
If you ever find a link, I'd love to see the turntable - brings a new meaning to the term 'musique concrete' :grin:
Justin [/quote]

I think I actually have it in an industrial design book. If so it would be in one of many boxes in deep storage right now (a nearly full 10' x 30'). But maybe someone has scanned it somewhere.

The designer had a whole line of such items, I think including loudspeakers. Just imagine the spouse-acceptance-factor issues there!

Some other pics :

I don't think he will be able to make profit on this one according there are lots of expenses for the silicon caulk and the solder !!! :green:

DSC00054.JPG

DSC00058.JPG

Back