Captain Tom

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had read about this a while back. I saw one of the Zappa shows with Belew when I was a youngster, but did not know the story until recently.

I had read about this a while back. I saw one of the Zappa shows with Belew when I was a youngster, but did not know the story until recently.
FZ supported lots of Musicians before they were well known.

Last century we had Z, Dweezil Zappa's band, play in our trade show booth (NAMM). My favorite Z song is a medley spoofing around 100 popular recordings.
that's clip is just a few minutes, the full medley has over 100 songs and is something like 25 minutes long. No way they could release that medley commercially with all the copyright complications.

We didn't have the full band for our after party but a couple of the Z band members played for a private party in our Hotel in Frankfurt. The guitar player was amazing, he was so drunk he could barely stand up, playing guitar with his teeth... I don't remember his name (he wasn't famous), but man could he play.

JR

Back