Christmas...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramshackles

And so comes the time of year where I dust off the old carol book and 'tinkle the ivories' as my Grandad would put it (That doesn't mean I'm particularly young - my Grandad is pushing 98).

Then we must make the annual trip to the attic (well, this is the first year I actually own an attic...) and coax out the Christmas decorations.

Cue the curses as I regret not buying the 'premium' set of 150 fairy lights last year. Turns out my 'super saver' set of 150 fairy lights is all wired in series and one of the bulbs has gone.

Bah humbug!
I'm now old enough to be cynical about marketing frenzy that is Christmas, but young enough to remember when it was magical.

Anyone else got mixed feelings about the upcoming holidays?

ramshackles said:
Anyone else got mixed feelings about the upcoming holidays?

I haven't celebrated christmas for 7 years, and even from my late teens ad onward, I would skip it to volunteer wherever it was needed, so never saw it as something I had to celebrate myself.

Cut down a tree with my son on saturday. No mixed feelings - pure (accumulated?) christmas joy.

Gustav

> one of the bulbs has gone.

When multi-color LED strings were very new and very expensive, I bought a large box.

I have never regretted it. They do not burn out, they do not use real power.

Turns out my 'super saver' set of 150 fairy lights is all wired in series and one of the bulbs has gone.

Guess that's what happened to my el cheapos that recently died.  So much for "Everything is wired in parallel now"

Best time to buy Christmas lights is in July.

Back