Ciao dall'Italia!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

And

Hello everyone, I'm a new user, my name is And.

I thank you for all the information available on this forum.
I hope you can also provide me with guidance on what I write next.

I should mention that I have some familiarity with analog audio processing circuits, but I have mostly designed guitar pedals so far. Now I'm dedicating myself to building an LDC microphone. There are many new things to learn compared to other circuits I'm used to, so in designing the microphone board, I have several uncertainties.

To start making something work, I started with a KM84-like circuit, which is very simple, and I used a 1:10 transformer (Monacor DIB-110), and everything works quite well!

I'm now trying to design a different board.

What I would like to do is divide the signal into different frequency bands, then saturate only certain frequencies (for example, compress/saturate from 1-3kHz) (for example, with clipping diodes). Then merge all the frequencies and enter the transformer.

I would know how to do it if it were a guitar pedal (I would use operational amplifiers or JFET and MOSFET splitters), but in a microphone where the power supply is very limited (phantom power), I'm afraid it may not be possible...

Can anyone tell me?

Thanks to everyone!

Back