Confession

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluebird

Uhgg. So I'm reading the Trump thread, and when I get to the bottom, there it is...A Victoria's Secret ad.
It says:

"The New T Shirt Bra! 2 for $65", "Click here for details"
But only a picture of a very attractive woman's face.

Now...I'm only so strong. I swear it was a full two minutes (moral dilemma) of looking at the ad, before I CLICKED IT. I was brought to the V.S. home page and a big map to choose your location. I stopped there because I'm at work and the map of North America somehow killed my excitement. Unfortunately I never got to see the product :'(
Do they even need an advertising department?

SO, if your have seen this ad and CLICKED be brave and confess now.  ;D

The ads I get on this site are mostly for machinery and audio gear.  The ANNOYING thing is that I get video ads on this site on my phone, with audio.  I have limited data when I'm away from home/office so I really don't appreciate having my data eaten up w/ the video ads, nor do I care for them suddenly blaring loudly when I'm in line at the post office.

Nought a few books on Amazon this week, and I keep getting adds for them here.  (I have wondered why they dont adjust their cookietrackeraddwordsgizmos, so I dont get adds for things I already bought)

Ill go Google "T-shirt bra" now. Hopefully, my Group DIY browsing experience will be more exciting from now on.

Gustav

I promise I don't shop at Victoria's Secret. Some times I get a Russian single women ad, and don't shop for them either.

bluebird said:
I promise I don't shop at Victoria's Secret. Some times I get a Russian single women ad, and don't shop for them either.

I get those too.

They must have used "geeks" as a keyword on that one.

Gustav

Well, dont feel bad. I will say that I would have been tempted to click it if I had seen it, but I use adblock plus on all my browsers since youtube invented those stupid ads that you have to watch for some time before you can skip them.

Ads suck. If I want to support a website, I'll use paypal.

i googled this yesterday,  and this is the ads i see today:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-29 at 10.36.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-29 at 10.36.30 AM.png
    47.7 KB
For more than a decade now I've used adblockers so I've no clue or interest on the landscape of banners of today.

But advertorial writers have gotten better. Or maybe journalists lazier to forward press releases as news more often than ever. Either way I often find myself halfway through an article that turns out to be an ad. I hate being cheated that way and any product will automatically be forever filed as garbage after that.

Unfortunately most people haven't a clue of these things.

Latest posts

Back