Core for bias coil Revox D36

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.B. - Boudio

My Revox D36 is missing one of the three adjustment cores for the bias spools. The owners of D or E36s (maybe they are also in later models, but from the pictures I found, I doubt it) will know them. They consist of a thin pin of +/- 1 cm long and a screw thread of +/- 5mm diameter with a slot.

1710268113929.jpeg
(I am sorry that I have not a better photograph at the moment).

I think it is ferrite, but I am not sure. The middle one is missing, which was in the anode circuit of the triode of one of the ECL80s, the 'master oscillator'. The two others, to left and right of it, are for the penthodes of the ECL80s, which 'distribute' the erase/bias signal to the erase and record heads.
It occured to me that the recorder is not erasing, and the recordings do not sound good either. The frequency response is clearly all over the place (without any need to measure this!) - and I think this is the cause.
I wil swap one of them, to make at least one channel work (and make sure this is really the cause), but would be there a way to solve this? Yes, with a new core, but how?

Latest posts

Back