Cuppa tea? with or without the 14 billion particles

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2019/sep/27/milk-sugar-microplastics-some-tea-bags-found-to-shed-billions-of-particles

I drink lots of tea maybe 6-8 cups a day , been a long time since I used tea bags ,has to be quality loose leaf for me ,
The curious thing about the article is the science behind it wont say one way or the other if its harmful to humans  ,it has been shown to be harmful to various aquatic life .  Yet again it seems science is afraid to put its balls on the block ,or metaphorically in the mouth of,  the multibillion dollar tea bag industry ,  :-X  ;D

There's no research yet.

A test a while ago showed plastic in human excrements in 17 of 17 cases examined.

It's not only tea. 93% of water bottled in plastic showed micro plastics. Salmon, farmed or wild and some other fish species, mussels, oysters...

The Bisphenol A's side effects are fairly well documented ,endocrine disruptor ,means it has an effect on reproduction .
I never trusted those  black plastic trays tv dinners are supposed to be heated in .Microwave or conventional  oven safe
my bollox ,
Pthalates apparently mimic estrogen by virtue of their molecular structure , so is it any wonder western society is becoming less and less fertile. Like anything it creates its own business, less fertility in the population the more your going to need assisted reproduction and thats what were seeing a massive growth in , if you dont have the money and sign on the dotted line ,you dont get to reproduce  .

cyrano said:
There's no research yet.

A test a while ago showed plastic in human excrements in 17 of 17 cases examined.

It's not only tea. 93% of water bottled in plastic showed micro plastics. Salmon, farmed or wild and some other fish species, mussels, oysters...
Being found in excrement is exactly where it belongs. Apparently the human digestive system effectively filtered it out. They study drugs in sewage (not all removed by treatment) to find what is trending in different regions.

Tubetec said:
The Bisphenol A's side effects are fairly well documented ,endocrine disruptor ,means it has an effect on reproduction .
I never trusted those  black plastic trays tv dinners are supposed to be heated in .Microwave or conventional  oven safe
my bollox ,
Pthalates apparently mimic estrogen by virtue of their molecular structure , so is it any wonder western society is becoming less and less fertile. Like anything it creates its own business, less fertility in the population the more your going to need assisted reproduction and thats what were seeing a massive growth in , if you dont have the money and sign on the dotted line ,you dont get to reproduce  .
I recognize some of those as mold release agents used in manufacture of old plastic packaging. Not still used AFAIK.

I changed to pyrex for storing frozen meal portions years ago in an overabundance of caution, but if plastic was going to kill me it would have by now after 70 years exposure.

I also bottle my beer in glass bottles...  8)

JR

Plastic isn't going to kill you.

It's the strange things that happen when plastics come into contact with other chemicals, that have scientists wondering. That's a problem in landfills, for instance. Or in our digestive system. Not everyone's gut bacteria are the same.

The plastics in human excrement came from our food. That's another worry.

Yes in the rivers and oceans chemical toxins of one sort or another do tend to bond with the plastic , an added complication for anything that ingests it .

Yeah probably true John the human gut is fairly effective at keeping plastic molecules out of the blood stream , but  there also seems to be some kinds of particles that dont pass through , plastic microbeads as used in some cosmetics were banned for this reason. .
I wonder if they looked at the concentrations of these plastics in  the gut of people would any particular trend emerge , its a good point you make Cyrano , could these plastics be effecting the variety of gut bacteria, lack of which has also been linked with a whole host of other medical issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-6mI708yWc

TV dinners anyone ? 8) Zz's 

Back