D.I.Y. Completion Confessions List , made public

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, nice work freddy!

My list of projects is as follows:

4x MK7 Tube mics, ETA: 12 april 09.

This time not building the body myself..Using the cheap chinese thomann micbodies IOAUDIO recommended. Will stuff the boards tomorrow night, and hopefully be done with the whole thing in two weeks or so. Id really like to paint or otherwise mask the engraving on the bodies though so that people dont as easily mistake them for the cheap thomann mics. Any ideas?

1x D-AOC , ETA: late august 09

Boards are alsmost fully stuffed, just need to order a case and some nice meters. Would like to get a nice engraved panel aswell, but last time i ordered from "my" guy, it took about a year so im thinking i need to make a prototype panel atleast to get the thing working while i wait for the actual panel. Maybe finish sometime early summer/late spring?

1x Pm670 ETA: late august 09

Same as the DAOC, boards are pretty much stuffed. Need to get better tubesockets, the ones i ordered didnt fit in the holes in the pcb...damn it.
Case+meters are needed+ I need to wire the switches. Im just not sure how i want my switches yet... dB steps perhaps? I really want to finish this before the daoc, but theres so much wiring going on, itll probably not be finished until late summer if i know myself.

1x mini 2ch Baby animal for a friend, ETA: 1 may 09
Just need to hookup the gain/impedance/input/output and im done. Should take about 1hour, but i just cant seem to get to it.

OT maybe, but im also working on 6 broadband absorbers for my livingroom. 4 are finished, and two wooden frames, insulation and fabric is waiting for me at home. Estimated finishtime, about 1 month, or as soon as I can get some help with them (its really a two man job).
Will have a big party after they finished which I will name the "better sound party". Tight and punchy bass on the dancefloor, yeah! (im a nerd, i know...).  ;D ;D ;D
ETA: 1 june 09

Knowing myself, i will probably start another project as well as soon as i forget how much the last one cost me. Problem is theres just too many cool projects to choose from.

Thats my confessions, not as bad as others here maybe, but i feel im getting there.
/J

Jokan ' for accountability you need to list projected completion dates next
to the items , that way we can " help "  .... that remind you
if it seems too much list only the next one or two you expect to finish
regards

Ok! My planning is a big mess though, so these would have to be guesstimates on ETAs. ;)

Will try to update above post soon!
/J

Freddy, that's awesome!  For some reason the first set of pics didn't come up for me the first time... Thanks for the clear explanation!

O.k. i confess , everytime i get a new circuit board
i get excited and start stuffing right away
[ feel like i 'm doing something and getting it done ]
of course that's the easy part and it piles up

Ihave some gtr pedals i'm fixing building for friends
i shoot to do those by the weekend
[ after i stuff my laIV;s so i know what to order ! ]

must finish nite eq , have to dig but is there an easy way
to explain nulling the center detent pots for zero gain
also hope to finish by the weekend

tweaking gtr pre panels for the engravers , by weekend

need to make combined , laIV / cae gtrpre / gtr perdal small bear
order also by weekend [ gigs are finished for this week now ]

thanks & regards Greg

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=32724.0

26U as mentioned on page two of this thread:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=31918.msg387516#msg387516

what mentioned ?
c'mon you can say it , tell the tail

you finished the colins  , you're going to finish  , what were the dates ?

Should finish troubleshooting 1 GSSL for saturday 29th.
1 more for monday the 30th...
Then finishing touches on the 1176....Friday 28th.
finishing touches on the FetSonics....April 3rd....
Then what???

I may have to decline on my first posting about building a pair of Neve preamps. I just spent some time at another studio using the real ones X's2 and some "Neveish" ones. I'm gonna build more API's. But my finish date has not changed! But will be API's.

John

hopefully will finish up my 2nd LA2 tomorrow.  with any luck it'll work fine like the last one did and i can put the lid on it.  then onto a collins restoration project, a 212 console w (9) 356a preamps and a 356e limiter inside.  main job will be wiring all the internal patch points to patchbay.  due date?  how bout..  may 5. 

okgb said:
what mentioned ?
c'mon you can say it , tell the tail

you finished the colins  , you're going to finish  , what were the dates ?

Sorry, the Collins was finished about a month behind schedule, the Gates should have already been done, and are next.  I'm out of town for 7 days, so I'll say April 5th for the first of the Gates.  If I get lucky I'll do two of them side by side and call it the 7th for the pair. 

Roughly one Gates SA-39 finished; two in progress with one 95% and some redundant assembly line stuff done on the second.  On target. 

Great thread, all. I'm really liking the cheerleadering for each other. Keep it up!

I have this 2-1176revD that has been sitting with boards stuffed for months, just waiting for me to do the metal work. I want to use it on two upcoming mix projects, that I'm currently tracking the material for. So it has to get done!

Due Date: May 3rd

cheerleading [ i don't look good in a skirt ] maybe BUT

accountability

which reminds me to get back on it , no excuses
even paying gigs ...............well o.k better to make than spend

way to get a date on it skipwave

Both SA-39's rebuilt, modified, tested, and trouble-shot.  Typical discovery of PSU power resistances drifted way off in both.  Each from different eras, both sound a bit different. 

I'm ashamed.
I just havent completed anything on schedule..

1176 was supposed to be done on march and i did closed the lid last week.

FetSonics: still unfinished..new date: End of August

Next: GSSL around the mid September.
        4 x S800 EQ's by the end of september.
        2 Greens by October.
        2 EZ1290's for november.
        and then Tube stuff...

Latest posts

Back