D&R 8000 PSU

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smilan

Hi,
I'm helping a friend of mine to repair an old D&R 8000 console.
The output voltage on the -24V rail is -36V and the 1k trimer doesn't making any effect on the output voltage.
I've replaced the 723 regulator and tested both transistors with a Chinese LCR meter and both seems to be good.
What else I should look for to find the problem?

Attachments

• PSU.pdf
    66 KB · Views: 24
Broken solder joints or pcb tracks? Is the trimmer working (wiper still making contact)?

Yes, the trimmer is working and and connected to the 8k2 and 2k7 resistors at it's ends and to pin 4 of the 723.

So you can measure less-than-1-k between each end of the trimmer, and the wiper?

Is it a sealed multiturn one, or an "open frame" one? If the latter, some contact-cleaner might be worth trying.

What voltage can you measure between pins 10 and 7 of each 723?

So you can measure less-than-1-k between each end of the trimmer, and the wiper?

Is it a sealed multiturn one, or an "open frame" one? If the latter, some contact-cleaner might be worth trying.

What voltage can you measure between pins 10 and 7 of each 723?
There are 240 Ohms and 680 Ohms between the wiper and each end of the trimmer.
There are 25.4V between pins 7 and 10 of the 723.

25.4V on the "bad" supply rail? What about on the other 723's? (That's why i said "each 723")

And/or also measure the voltages between pins 10 and 11 on each 723 (on the bad rail AND the good ones).

Thanks, there was a faulty trace on the -24V rail.
After fixing it the PSU seems to be OK.

Latest posts

Back